Monday, September 9, 2013

This week I'm visiting the lovely states of Washington and Oregon.  Lynn is at a National meeting and while he is in meetings all week, I will be tatting, exploring, tatting, visiting family, tatting, and just relaxing and seeing all the beautiful nature available that's been provided for our enjoyment! 

Currently I am tatting a couple of pieces for our next Bonneville Tatters "challenge" project.  I will post pictures when I get them finished!  I hope to get lots of participation!  I want to change the name of 'challenge' to I don't know what yet!  Basically I want the tatters to "think outside of the box"!  The box consists of buttons, jewelry findings, rick rack, etc.  Take these items out of the box and use them with your tatting!  I will show a few samples forthcoming!

One pattern I am using is Karey Solomon's "Bead and Button Star", on page 13 of her book - Tatting With Buttons.  I've seen lots of pretty designs made with this pattern!  They are awesome.  I chose to use size 20 Lizbeth thread!  And with different size buttons.  I've also added some "petals" to one of them to simulate a flower.  I would appreciate any comments!  Thank you in advance!

This last month I saw an idea from Marty Lewis and have been making earrings galore!  She had made matching earrings for her lanyard!  I loved that idea!  I made a pair to match my lanyard, and have made several other pairs to post on my Etsy Store!  It's like I wish I would have thought of it first?  Oh well, Love Marty and she is so lovely and so very creative!  She entered a couple of crocheted doilies this year into our Utah State Fair!  I didn't know she could crochet also!  She always seems to win ribbons for everything she enters!  I definitely admire her!



 

No comments: